When looking for a reputable HVAC company near you, there are certain things you can do to make sure you have a good experience. Search online for HVAC contractors in your area, and call them to ask questions.
Taking a few preliminary steps before hiring someone will ensure that the HVAC company you choose is the right one for you and your home.
Search Around Your Area
Do your research online. Search Google for HVAC companies near you. Go to their website. But don’t stop there! An impressive website can be deceiving.
Read their mission statement and check the areas they serve and the services they provide. Also, check the Contractors Board in your state.
Check the status of their license, and whether they are bonded and insured. Check out their customer reviews, but don’t believe everything you read. Some contractors pay for Five Stars reviews. Ask your neighbors if they can recommend a reputable HVAC service company.
Don’t be Afraid to Ask Questions
When you have found at least three potential candidates, call them and ask questions. A reputable HVAC company will be glad to answer your questions:
- What services do you currently offer?
- What areas do you work in?
- Do you offer 24/7 emergency service?
- Do you offer flat rates?
- What brands do you carry?
- Do you have a warranty and how long is it?
- Ask them if they are licensed by the state, (even if you found them on the Contractors Board, asking will show that you are a savvy consumer).
- Check Better Business Bureau for any customer complaints.
- If a contractor gives you a quote over the phone, be wary.
- Be cautious if the quote is very low. The lowest bidder is not necessarily the best.
- Ask for references and call them. A reputable HVAC contractor can and will provide references. Call those references and ask how the job went.
- Ensure that the work to be done is clearly itemized.
- Get it all in writing! Verbal agreements are fine, but they will not hold up in court.
A reputable HVAC company goes to your home before the job begins to inspect your HVAC system and to evaluate the source of the problem. They will measure your spaces and check your ductwork and insulation so that they can offer you the right solution.
This initial inspection will let the technician know what work he/she needs to do and the size of the equipment that will be needed. A good HVAC company will always perform a home inspection before the job begins to get an overall sense of the scope of the work and what equipment will be needed.
Listen to Your Gut
Research is very important when you want to find a quality HVAC contractor. Your gut, however, should also play a part in the selection process.
Pay attention to your instincts if something does not sit well with you. A reputable HVAC contractor will not mind explaining the details of the work that will be required.
They will expect you to understand the scope of the work that they are going to do. The experts at Sharp-Long 72 Degrees Air Conditioning and Heating in Lees Summit, MO, will be more than happy to answer all of your questions and to perform an initial inspection of your home. Give them a call for a consultation.